The free plugin that started it all, the EWWW Image Optimizer can use freely available optimization tools directly on your web server OR use the EWWW I.O. API to compress & resize JPG, PNG, and GIF images as well as PDF files. Available on GitHub and WordPress.org.
- Compresses every image size generated by WordPress, to ensure your images are optimized on every device, no matter the screen size.
- Optimizes Retina images to ensure you have high quality and high performance.
- Compatible with WP Offload S3 and W3TC’s CDN uploader, Azure Storage, and Dreamspeed CDN.
- Optimize any folder on your server, including your active theme and any child theme.
- Built-in resizing to make sure contributors don’t upload huge images and overwhelm your server.
- WP-CLI support for power users.
- WPML Compatibility for international audiences.
- Full integration with NextGEN and FlaGallery, plus the ability to optimize any gallery with the folder selector.
A fork of the original plugin that uses the EWWW I.O. API to compress all files, it was created to comply with the requirements of web hosts that do not allow the exec() function within the code-base (even though the API completely bypasses the use of exec).
A plugin for WordPress that lets you optimize images in Amazon S3 buckets, and integrates with the EWWW I.O. plugins to provide full compression capability.
The Standalone Image Optimizer includes all the functionality of the WordPress plugins (local tools + API capability), but with minimal requirements, and no dependencies on WordPress. Read more about it at GitHub.
A WordPress plugin that automatically resizes huge image uploads. Are contributors uploading huge photos? Tired of manually scaling? Imsanity to the rescue!
XenForo – optimize the images uploaded to your forum with the EWWW I.O. API.